20 September 2018
NEW infection control equipment to achieve AS/NZS 4187:2014
Last week, situated in the beautiful suburb of Milson’s Point, Sydney, the 2018 FSRACA (Federal Sterilizing Research Advisory Councils of Australia) conference commenced. The Exhibition was held in the Big Top tent at Luna Park Sydney. The theme of the conference was ‘Juggling Priorities’.
During the conference, Gallay Medical & Scientific launched several NEW and innovative products to the market. First on show was the Belimed WD 290 IQ Washer Disinfector. This stylish looking washer disinfector is packed with the latest in ‘smart’ technology, efficiency and flexibility.
Also on show was the NEW Suez Integra E+ RO water system, providing simple compliance with AS/NZS 4187:2014. This innovative RO unit provides continuous on-demand purified water supply for final rinsing in washer disinfectors, endoscope reprocessors, ultrasonic cleaners and manual rinsing stations, as well as providing a high quality feed water for steam generation, as required in EN285. All of this in a compact, self-contained, stylish housing that is easy to clean, maintain and transport.
Last but very not least, was the NEW Soluscope Pass Through Endoscope Reprocessor. With many CSS departments now incorporating endoscope reprocessing to the mix, Gallay offers a pass through reprocessor, which features all the same great benefits of the market leading Soluscope.
With all of the above and Gallay’s surgical instruments tracking system, CensiTrac on demonstration, there was a lot to talk about.
Belimed on Tour
Even though it was a busy few days, the Gallay CSSD team still had time to squeeze in a quick tour to visit Sydney’s newest CSSD fitout, at the Northern Beaches Hospital, Frenchs Forest.
This brand new state of the art facility is equipped to provide patient-centered, personal care with :-
- 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedural rooms
- A 50-space emergency department with a medical centre (GPs) on site
- Critical care services, including intensive care
- 488 beds with room to expand in the future
- Ambulatory care (outpatient services) conveniently located close to the main entry
- Digital imaging and diagnostic facilities with the building enabled for future technologies
- Maternity, paediatrics, renal and cancer care specialties to name a few
- Medical and surgical services
- Mental health services
- 1,400 car spaces
- Convenient café, retail and customer services
The hospital is nine storeys high, with a helipad for emergency transport.
Northern Beaches Hospital is part of the Healthscope group. Healthscope is a leading private healthcare provider in Australia with 43 hospitals.
The CSSD installation includes a full collection of Gallay supplied equipment, including :-
- Belimed Washer Disinfector with Siso (single-input/single-output)
- Belimed Washer Disinfector with rack return
- Belimed Cart Washer
- Belimed Vertical Steam Sterilizers with automatic loading and unloading
- Belimed Rack Return system
- Soluscope Automatic Endoscope Reprocessors
- Soluscope Drying and Storage Cabinets
- CensiTrac Surgical Instrument Tracking System
- OneSource IFU Document Management System
For further information about Gallay’s CSSD and Endoscopy offerings, please contact Gallay on 1300 425 529.