Home > Products > Science & Pharma > Ultrasonic Cleaners & Homogenizers > Bandelin Bactosonic Sonication
- Biological Safety Cabinets (7)
- Biowaste Decontamination Systems (3)
- Ductless Fume Hoods (9)
- Filtered Storage Cabinets (5)
- Flammables & Corrosives Storage Cabinets (6)
- HPLC Accessories (4)
- Laboratory Air Safety Solutions (2)
- Laboratory Autoclaves (11)
- Laboratory Centrifuge (4)
- Laboratory Freezers (4)
- Laboratory Pipettes (4)
- Laboratory Refrigerators (4)
- Laboratory Washers (13)
- Osmometers & Chloridemeters (9)
- PCR Workstations (4)
- Pharmaceutical (GMP) Autoclaves (2)
- Pharmaceutical (GMP) Washers (5)
- Reverse Osmosis Water Systems (10)
- Shimadzu Balances (6)
- Sterilisation Indicators & Autoclave Test Strips (6)
- Test Sieves & Sieve Shakers (8)
- Tygon Tubing (15)
- Ultrasonic Cleaners & Homogenizers (14)
Bandelin Bactosonic Sonication
Introducing the BactoSonic®
BactoSonic® - a special Ultrasonic device for gentle removal of biofilm with minimal harming of bacteria.
Effectively remove bacteria from biofilms
The successful treatment of implant infections depends on an accurate microbiological diagnosis. Microorganisms can form biofilms on implants, which makes them difficult to detect by conventional methods. Sonifcation with BactoSonic® gently removes biofilms from implant surfaces without damaging bacteria cell walls.
Works with low ultrasound intensity
Compared to other ultrasonic baths BactoSonic® works with a very low ultrasound intensity. The biofilm is removed without killing the bacteria, allowing a quantitative assessment to be possible. This provide a fast microbiological diagnostic method for implant-associated infections.
Sensitivity is improved
The implants are placed in an air-tight implant box and sonicated in the specially designed ultrasonic device BactoSonic®.
The sonicated liquid is cultured and the quantity of bacteria can be determined. Compared to standard methods (e.g. biopsies from periprosethetic tissue) up to 10,000 times more bacteria can be detected. Mixed infections and different bacteria morphotypes can be better identified. The sensitivity especially of patients with previous antibiotic therapy is improved.
Bactosonic 14.2 is a ready-to-use set consisting of:
- Ultrasonic special device BS 14
- scientifically tested procedure
- wire frame for foil test FT 14
- TICKOPUR TR 3 (contact liquid, concentrate) - 250ml